Journey with me as we explore Mexico, and explore Christian faith from a Catholic perspective.
I started this blog for a number of reasons:
- After blogging for a few years, I realized that I was evangelical about Mexico. Mexico gets a bad rap in US media–some of it deserved, much of it not. This blog started out as my way of explaining why I love living in Mexico.
- Once I realized I was evangelical about Mexico, it dawned on me that maybe I should be evangelical–like, proclaiming the Good News. You know, like Jesus told us to do. But again, mainstream media tends to get this wrong, too. So, much like setting the record straight on Mexico, this is also where I try to set the record straight on Christianity (and Catholicism)–at least, the liberating way I’ve experienced it!
- And, sometimes I just find something that makes my life easier. Then I wonder why nobody told me about (whatever it was) earlier. This space is my chance to save someone else time, heartache, and pass on those brilliant ideas that make life easier.
Sound good to you? Great! Read on!
Want to get my posts straight to your inbox? Scroll to the very bottom of this page: add your email address in the little box that asks for your email address, and you won’t miss a thing!
Want To Know More?
To keep me accountable (and to keep the ideas flowing), I’ve written down my bucket list below. I have a feeling it will grow faster than I be able to check things off!
In no particular order:
- Hike the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. Bonus points if my brother comes with me! (The Hubs has NO interest. Brother does.)
- Hike across Wisconsin on their state-wide hiking trails! (Brother and I will do this to train for Spain.)
- Attend the Living School at the Center for Action and Contemplation.
- Explore wine country in Baja California.
- Visit all of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s homes with my kids. (Bonus points if we get to Malone, NY–the site of Farmer Boy.)
- Learn about Heifer Project at both their center in Little Rock and their
larger ranch in Perryville, Arkansas.
- Participate in a mission trip (in General Cepeda, Coahuila) with the Family Missions Company.
- Get to the top of Santo Madero in Parras.
- Attend the San Miguel Writer’s Conference.
- Explore Chipinque (a national park just east of Monterrey).
Kayak on one of the rivers in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.(Bonus points for all 3 rivers.)
- Spend an entire day hiking the original 25 miles of the Rivergreenway in Ft. Wayne.